The application period for the Diversity Visa (DV) programme for the year 2023 began tonight at 9:45 p.m. local time in Nepal (Ashwin 20, 2078 B.S).
Participants in the DV-2023 programme must submit entries electronically at dvprogram.state.gov between 9:45 p.m. on Wednesday, October 6, 2021, and 11:45 p.m. on Tuesday, November 9, 2021.
The Embassy has highly encouraged anybody interested in applying to the DV programme to do so as soon as possible.
Important information for those who wish to apply DV 2023 Lottery Program
- There is no cost to apply, and there is no fee to participate in the DV Program.
- According to the US Embassy, engaging a consultant to assist an applicant with the application process is not discouraged by the government.
- Applicants are also encouraged to use the electronic Diversity Visa entry form (E-DV) available at www.dvlottery.state.gov during the registration period, according to the US Embassy.
- When registering, an applicant must include the names of his or her spouse as well as all of the applicant’s unmarried children who are under the age of 21 at the time of the registration request. Submissions that do not include the names of family members will be deemed invalid by the judges.
- Submissions that do not include the names of family members will be deemed invalid by the judges.
- Similarly, an applicant can only submit one application at a time. Applicants that submit more than one application will be automatically rejected from consideration for further consideration.
- In addition, applicants are needed to submit a recent photograph. The use of the same photo from past DV years will be invalidated, according to a US government statement.
- Applicant’s should also carefully follow the photo regulations and associate each photograph with the correct person on their application, according to the Embassy’s advice.
- In their photographs, applicants should avoid wearing spectacles.
- The same is true for applicants, who must print and keep their confirmation number because it is the only way to determine the status of their application.
- The only way to find out if an application has been selected for the DV is to input the confirmation number at www.dvlottery.state.gov on or after May 8, 2022, and then click on “View Results.”
- The Department of State administers the DV Lottery programme on behalf of the United States government.
- Each year, the DV Lottery immigration programme awards 50,000 Permanent Resident cards to persons from all around the world who have entered the DV Lottery drawing.
- Each year, winners of the Diversity Visa Lottery immigration programme are selected at random by a computer lottery conducted by the United States Department of State.