There is no such thing as less work. It is the kind of work that makes you feel that you are working less. Be it student politics or Programming all night for an outsourcing company. And if you know good people, it is relatively easy to earn money without much work because you just glide through obstacles. You just have to show them that you are trustworthy and you know a lot. Money is on its way. Some tips are-
1. Gain some valuable skills like Programming, Writing or Designing.
2. Be an expert in one field or one niche so that your skills are competitive enough.
3. Join Freelancing websites like Elance, oDesk and Freelancer and create a great profile.
4. Apply for jobs, apply for jobs, apply for jobs, get some work, prove your skill and build your profile.
There are lots of ways you can earn money online from Nepal. YouTube & Blogging are among the most popular and proven methods to earn money online in Nepal. In this article, we will specifically talk about earning from YouTube. If you are thinking whether you can earn from Nepal or not, then yes you absolutely can!
NOTE: YouTube policy has changed over time and now it’s much more difficult to start a career in YouTube. You need to have at least the following things covered to be able to monetize videos
4000 hours watched (in last 12 months)
10,000 channel views
- You don’t need an investment!
- You don’t need to work every day for hours. Just upload the video and sit back while your videos earn you some cash.
- You don’t need to be a talented freak to earn from YouTube. You can post videos on anything from songs covers to makeup tutorial or whatever you’re good with. But make sure to upload your original content and not someone else’s video. Because YouTube will punish you with a copyright strike. 3 copyright strikes mean your account will be banned forever.
Let’s Get Started!
1. Login to your YouTube account.
On the navigation panel to the left, click “My channel” tab.
A dialogue box will appear. Fill up the details and click continue.
You can now decorate your channel with a cover image and profile pictures. Add channel descriptions if you want. Don’t forget to verify your channel. You will need a mobile phone to complete the verification.
Note: You can create multiple channels with the same YouTube account. But we don’t recommend it.
2. Setting Up YouTube channel for Monetization
Monetization means to show advertisements on your YouTube channel. As I have mentioned above, it is ads that earns you $$$.
Unfortunately, YouTube hasn’t made monetization available in Nepal. However, there’s a little trick you can use to do so.
- On the top right corner, click on the channel logo. After that, click on the Gear Icon beside “Creator Studio” button.
- Click on “View additional features”
- You can see that YouTube hasn’t made monetization available in Nepal.
- On the panel to the left, click on “advanced”
- Now, this is where we use the trick. Change the country to any other country where monetization is available. I prefer choosing “India”. After that, scroll down to the bottom and click “save”.
- Great! Now your channel is eligible for monetization. On the panel to left, click on the “status and features” tab.
- Finally, click on “Enable”
- Click on “Enable my account”. Tick on all the check-mark boxes and click on “ agree”. You can read the Program Terms if you want but who does!
You’re good to go now. Your channel is enabled for monetization. Is that it? Nope, you need to create an Adsense account and link it with your YouTube channel to finally be able to show ads on your videos.
3. Linking YouTube with Adsense
To earn from Google (YouTube), an Adsense account is a must. Google Adsense is where you’ll be managing all your ads and your revenues(earnings). AdSense enables you to earn money by placing targeted text and image ads with your videos. Google automatically chooses which ads to show based on your video content, and you earn money when visitors view or click on these ads.
There are two types of AdSense accounts:
Hosted AdSense Account
Regular AdSense account
The difference between them is with a hosted account you can only show ads on Google-hosted platforms like YouTube & Blogger and with a Regular AdSense account, you can show on any websites you like, any of your YouTube videos and your mobile apps.
If you just want to earn from YouTube then you will need to create a hosted account because it’s easier to get it than a Regular AdSense account.
- Go to Features section on your channel.
- Click on view monetization settings
- Click on “How will I be paid”. Then, click on “associate an AdSense account””
- Click on the “Next” button and you’ll be redirected to Adsense page.
- Click “Yes” and then on the next page click “Continue”.
Make sure to provide authentic address and contact number before you submit the form.
Your AdSense account will be reviewed by Google and you’ll receive an email after confirmation. This might take days or even weeks. Patience is the key here.
Once your Adsense account is reviewed and approved, Google will send you an email.
5. Upload And Monetize
You’re just one step away from earning on YouTube! Upload a video ( original content ) and monetize it. To check if your video is monetized or not, go to Video Manager. If you see a blue dollar sign then your video has been monetized.
6. Verifying Google Adsense
This is a very important step. Without verifying your AdSense account you won’t be able to receive your earning no matter how much you earn. Verifying AdSense means to prove to Google that you’re a real person living in the address you have provided. To verify your AdSense account, you should first earn $10. After you’ve earned at least $10 in your AdSense account, Google will send a mail (card), with a verification code inside it, to your address. This is what the card looks like.
Inside it is a verification code which you should enter in your AdSense account. Once Google sends that card, you’ll receive a notification in your AdSense account.
Your payments are currently on hold because you have not verified your address. If you click on the “Action” button it will take you to another page where you should enter the PIN. Once you receive the card at your address, enter the pin in your AdSense account and then you’ll have a verified Google AdSense account.
It may take up to 30-45 days to receive the post card to your address. If you don’t receive the mail within 2 months the request for another card. However, you can only request for 3 PIN.
If you have provided your address correctly then you’ll have no problem in receiving the card. However, sometimes you’ll have trouble verifying your AdSense. This is because Google doesn’t recognize most of the parts of Nepal.
I had the same problem and I had to wait for months to finally know that Google couldn’t recognize my address.
Here’s a trick I used. Go to Google Maps and locate your location. Provide exactly the same address on the Google Map to your AdSense account.
You live in Gondrang area of Bharatpur, Chitwan, behind the Coca Cola Factory. And, you need to give your mailing address to Google.
Instead of writing:
House Number, Road Name
Behind Coca Cola Factory
Bharatpur, Chitwan, Nepal.
You should write:
House Number, Road Name
Gondrang, Bharatpur 44207
Finally, Google will send a card containing a code to the nearest post office & the postman will deliver it to your home.